The chairman convened the meeting at about 11:55 hours.
1. Bill opened the meeting with remarks on what the class has done and will continue to do. A copy is in enclosure 1.
2. The BOG was reorganized after Win Skelton moved back south. Roy Lounsbury was appointed as Vice-Chair and Sandy Sanderson was added as a Communications Specialist, working on the Class Web Page and other projects. And it was noted that those now with access to the Class Account include Bill, Roy, and Joan. Read More
Here are a few of the things we have done over the years:
- Established a strong Board of Governors. We have about 12 members, most of whom have been on the board now for 30 to 35 years.
- Have had reunions at West Point every 5-year mark since graduation. Read More
For the period 2015 to 2020
- Maintain an accurate roster of living classmates and widows, including address, phone, and email
- Maintain a listing of the names and dates of death of classmates, wives, and widows
- Publish an annual letter to the Class together with an up to date roster of those still alive Read More
Oldest Graduate remarks, West Point Founders Day Dinner
Ft Leavenworth, KS. 1 April 2016.
Col Hersch Chapman, Infantry (ret). Class of 1950.
Fellow Graduates, I bring greetings from the Class of 1950
70 Years ago, we walked up the hill from the train station to the Plain to take on Beast Barracks. We graduated 6 June 1950. 500 of us were commissioned in the Army and we went on a 60 day leave. Read More
Here I sit with piles of snow all around. It is the aftermath of more than two days of snowing here in the DC area. We got about 15 inches, but my son Scot in WV had over 40. That should test the straw bale house he and his wife built.
Meanwhile it is time to get some of the Class news out, now that the 65th Reunion is in the history books. Here are a few items that you may have missed. Read More
The AOG recently sent us the following annual report of the Class Memorial Chair.
"On behalf of the West Point Association of Graduates (WPAOG), I am pleased to present you with the 2013-2014 Annual Report for the S200S Class of 1950 Chair of Advanced Technology Endowment. This report includes narratives on the activities and events supported by this endowment during the 2013-2014 Academic Year. For the 2013-2014 Academic Year, your endowment provided 104,944.88 for West Point." Read More
Here is the original article by by Will Coates' widow Nancy that appeared in a 1950 issue of Cosmopolitan Magazine.
"I Married West Point"
To those who never knew Willard Coates but who, with me and his parents, now share the shock of his untimely end in a command post in the bleak hills of Korea, I feel it important that I tell his story, our story... BY NANCY NOLAN COATES as told to JEAN LIBMAN BLOCK Read More
WELCOME Read More
The 60th Reunion is now history! We had a great turnout: 148 classmates, 16 widows, and 201 family and friends, for a total attendance of 365. Unfortunately quite a number had to cancel at the last minute, including our hard working Win Skelton, who suddenly had surgery on his eye. Quite a number of classmates brought large contingents with them, as you can see from the photo of the Newton and Cody families.