Here is a piece that Dick Newton III sent on about classmate Fidel Ramos.
Philippines’ Duterte discovered this week that his actions have consequences
By Emily Rauhala
Less than two weeks after his trip to China and his call for a “separation” from the United States, the president of the Philippines is for the first time feeling the effects of what seems to be — to some at least — a concerted effort to alienate his allies.Read More
I don’t know how this will work out. Will be trying out the new Windows 10 and probably Word 2016. Have not mastered either of them yet, but we will see how it does.
KOREAN WAR MEMORIAL
Thanks to the quick work of Paul Ache and June Elliott (Charlie’s widow) and the generosity of classmates and widows, there is now a bronze plaque commemorating our participation in the Korean War. The plaque is mounted on the Korean War Memorial in the San Francisco Presidio.
Clyde Spence (along with a packed audience) attended a presentation by Jim Tormey in Hampton’s History Museum on July 18, about his just-released book, “The Virginia Navy in the Revolution- Hampton’s Commodore James Barron and His Fleet”.Read More
The chairman convened the meeting at about 11:55 hours.
1. Bill opened the meeting with remarks on what the class has done and will continue to do. A copy is in enclosure 1.
2. The BOG was reorganized after Win Skelton moved back south. Roy Lounsbury was appointed as Vice-Chair and Sandy Sanderson was added as a Communications Specialist, working on the Class Web Page and other projects. And it was noted that those now with access to the Class Account include Bill, Roy, and Joan.Read More
Here are a few of the things we have done over the years:
- Established a strong Board of Governors. We have about 12 members, most of whom have been on the board now for 30 to 35 years.
- Have had reunions at West Point every 5-year mark since graduation.Read More
For the period 2015 to 2020
- Maintain an accurate roster of living classmates and widows, including address, phone, and email
- Maintain a listing of the names and dates of death of classmates, wives, and widows
- Publish an annual letter to the Class together with an up to date roster of those still aliveRead More
Oldest Graduate remarks, West Point Founders Day Dinner
Ft Leavenworth, KS. 1 April 2016.
Col Hersch Chapman, Infantry (ret). Class of 1950.
Fellow Graduates, I bring greetings from the Class of 1950
70 Years ago, we walked up the hill from the train station to the Plain to take on Beast Barracks. We graduated 6 June 1950. 500 of us were commissioned in the Army and we went on a 60 day leave.Read More
One more area where '50 had an impact. From Dave Hughes:
My pioneering history with technology never ends. I am being interviewed for a 1 hour PBS program on Hedy Lamarr - whose stunning beauty I am sure many classmates remember - as a serious Inventor - and not just as a 40's pretty face.Read More